Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Tamaki Primary school.

On Thursday afternoon we walked down to the hall to get ready for fishing at Panmure Wharf.When we had been walking for a while I started complaining because it was too far to walk.I saw a bus driving past our class.I heard Susana shouting out, "Can you drive us to the Panmure Wharf?". The bus driver ignored us so we carried on walking. When we got to the wharf I was exhausted! Room 8 had to walk to the wharf first.We were second .I felt nervous. I put my bait in my bait catcher. Finally I put my bait catcher into the water.

My bait fell off! I had to wind up my bait catcher and put some more bait into it. Then I saw Lydia had caught a fish. I felt jealous because I hadn't caught one yet. I then went over to the other side of the wharf. I took my time trying to catch a fish. After a while I felt a tug. It felt amazing! I lifted up my baitcatcher, but it was only water! I was very disappointed.

When it was time to go back to school, we took a shortcut across Dunkirk Reserve. There was heaps of mud on the ground. I got mud on my shoes and feet. When we got back to school, I talked about our fishing trip with my friends.I was still jealous of Lydia! I told my Nan when I got home. She started laughing.

Next time I go fishing I want to make a fishing rod because my baitcatcher kept losing my bread into the water and floating away. When I go, I really hope I catch a fish!

By Chasity.

7 comments:

Miss Kelly Room 7 said...

A great recount of your fishing trip Chasity!! You made me laugh when you said that your bait kept falling out.And that mud was yucky! Well done on a very funny and well written recount.

Ms Hansell said...

It sounds like you really got "hooked" on fishing Chasity. It is a GREAT feeling to catch your own fish, so make sure you keep trying as you get older.

RKELLY said...

Great recount, Chasity. I think that you might need to get fit and walk a lot more!It is really exciting catching a fish but you have to have patience!

malulu said...

what a good story.I liked it very much.by malulu from glenbrae school from room 8

Anonymous said...

I love your story Chasity it is INTERESTING, It gave us lots of powerful words. VERY COOL!!!!

Quaid said...

Hi Room 7.

Its Quaid here .If you dont know me I`m Lyric Henrys friend.He lives across the road from me.I just want to sy good job for the work you have put up in the new year.


From Quaid

Anonymous said...

Good job Chasity. I love your recount about fishing trip. My bait fall off before and once I thought I caught a fish but the seaweed was caught on my fishing rod. LOL

Keep it up!!!


From Charday at Tamaki Primary School